Friday, February 6, 2009

Catching Up

Oh my goodness! It has been ages since I did the blogo thing!!! To much fun riding around in the nice ride. We definitely love our new car. At first Rudy didn't want to drive it cuz, "he didn't want to break it." But now he can't be stopped, of which I am glad. I love to drive it also. It is fun and so smoooottthhhh!!! You can hardly hear the motor running. It has been so nice to have a brand new car. Nothing like the new car smell!!

Lately I have been doing the facebook thing. I have found lots of friends on it, old and new. It has been fun to see the pictures of family and friends. I think this computer thing can get addicting. I have to watch myself. Oh well.

I decided it was finally time to catch up on my blog so here goes...Life has been very busy and that has been good and bad. It keeps us on our toes, but at the end of the day, our toes are not the only thing that hurts and is tired. But it does keep my mind off my aches and pains and I can sleep through the pain.

We have planned a vacation. Can you believe it??? We can't!! It has been about five years, at least, since our last one. Jennie Gordon, our good friend lives in San Diego, so we decided--- after her encouragement--- to go see her and her family for a few days. We leave the latter part of the month. I am so excited to see her and have a good visit, like we used to do once a week (not counting church, book club etc), before we both moved from SLC. She is going to be our tour guide while we are there. Shamu here we come!!!

After visiting in San Diego we will leave on a 15 day cruise to HAWAII!!! 15 days on a slow boat to Hawaii. What more could we want! We will visit the big island of Hawaii, Maui and Oahu. We decided to go all out and get a mini suite with a veranda. I can see us sitting out on the balcony with a glass of something tasty(non-alcoholic of course) and reading a good book while catching some rays. This sounds like heaven to me. I will believe it when we are on the ship in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Well, actually it was real when we wrote the check for all of it. But enough about money. You only live once (on this earth) so go for it!!! It is all paid for and who wants to think about dollars when we will have so many other wonderful memories of Paradise together??? Rudy is getting us in the mood by playing all sorts of Hawaiian music (can you say Elvis and Don Ho) I am so excited for him. I have been there and he has not. His excitement makes me more excited. I cannot wait to see him do the hula!!! Having been on many a cruise, we know what is in store. Sun, fun, rest, relaxation and all the food you could ever want and it is all paid for in advance. Can you tell we are both excited??? YAHOOOOOOO

2 comments:

lramey said...

oh i am the most jealous!

your new ride is super cute- i can see how you love it- and yeah, there's nothing like that new car smell eh?

oh hawaii--- brent's never been either. I hope we can go on a 15 day cruise there sometime! oh the joy!

Munford Family said...

I am so excited for you to go to Hawaii!!! Take your camera, I want to see all the fun things you do!!!