Thursday, January 15, 2009

Exciting News

Remember from the last post how much I loved that cute little red car? That cute little red car in now parked in our garage. Yes! We bought little red! It is a 2009 Nissan Versa. I have named it Vissa...you know, Vissa Versa...(I don't know if that is how you spell it)...V-eye-saw, is how you sound it out...lol... or you could do it like Vice-saw. Ok stop. Enough about it's name!!! She is so cute and so little, compared to the Jimmy. I was sad seeing Jimmy left behind, sitting in the parking lot, as we drove off into the sunset. I bought that car new in 1993. He took me through many a snow storm. I know I would not have gotten anywhere without Jimmy. I remember when I bought him, all my friends made fun that I had a new "fire-truck". But they weren't laughing when we got into 4-wheel drive and made it through the snow!!! I truly got my moneys worth from good old Jimmy. We had fun times and went lots of places. It pulled the trailer on many camping trips, and took us on many adventures. Thanks Jimmy for all the good times. You served us well!!!

Onward and upward. I know we will have good times in Vissa!! I can feel it!!! We (Rudy and I)are both so excited and happy we were able to buy her. And, our financial advisor would be so proud of us. Long story short...We checked out a lot of other kinds of cars, (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Ford etc). We liked the Nissan the best. And lo and behold we had a message from Ken Garff's in Orem to come back and the "big boss" aka General Manager, wanted to talk with us and let us know what kind of deal he could give us. So after all day looking at many other cars, and a little discouraged I might add, we went to OREM! (remember the running joke, Orem=H-E-double hockey sticks). Boy did they change and did some serious crunching of the numbers. They offered a deal we couldn't pass up. With such a good deal, we could pay for the car out right, so no debt or car payments here. I know President Monson would be proud!!! We are very happy we have her safely home. It is almost like a dream. If you would of asked me a week ago if we would have a new car, I would have laughed my guts out!!! You just never know what is around the next corner. Life is so interesting and exciting, you just have to keep finding out! Sometimes it's not so good and some times it's not to bad, and sometimes it is unbelievable.
The secret is to just keep going when times are tough, and be so thankful when life is good!!

1 comments:

Amy K said...

You should put a little picture up of that cute little red car.

Thanks for the notes! I can feel the humid air, the swaying boat, see the flowers and palm trees.... I would really love to come!