Friday, April 10, 2009

Rudy won't Cooperate!

I have been wanting to write about our recent vacation but Rudy will not get the pictures down-loaded so I can blog about it. Guess I need to learn how to do it myself. First I need to find out where he keeps the camera.

We loved our cruise to Hawaii and time with Gordons in San Diego. But, I think it took a lot out of these 2 old codgers! We took along time to get back in the swing of things. I still don't know if we are fully recovered!!! But it was a much needed time away from home. I think when you go on vacation you get such an appreciation for the beautiful world our Heavenly Father has made. I also think you appreciate how good it is to be home. I know I really found out how thankful I am for our BED!!!

This weekend is Easter. It is suppose to be rainy. Not so good for Easter egg hunts, but wonderful for the water situation. We will be thankful for the ability to drink a cold glass of water this summer. Pemberley is having an Easter egg hunt Saturday morning. I love to watch all the little kiddies hunt for eggs. Hopefully it will hold off raining until after.

Easter is also a time to reflect on the Savior, his atonement and resurrection. Sometimes I get caught up in all the secular stuff and fail to remember what Easter is all about. This weekend I am going to keep in my mind the real reason we celebrate Easter.

0 comments: