Monday, April 20, 2009

Thoughts and other Ramblings!!

I hope we are so through with spring snow. Yes, I said snow!!! Last week we had about 8 inches of snow. Right in the middle of April. Maybe it was because it was tax day, who knows. There's a lot of snow in them there hills. I just hope we do not get any flooding. This week sounds like it is going to be a wonderful springish type week. I cannot wait. I love spring and all the new little flowers and the new baby animals and all that new clean fresh air!!! I have had a cold for over a week and it seems to keep hanging on. Is sunshine a cure for the common cold? It must be, because I am feeling much better this afternoon. Sunny days just seem to lighten my mood. I looked out at the beautiful day and just had to say, "Hello gorgeous!"(My imitation of Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl...I love that movie).

Because of the cold thing and other sundry problems (just what does sundry mean?), we didn't make it to Stake Conference. I guess you could say we "called in sick". That would be something if you had to call in sick for church. I wonder if we would get more people to church??? It's a thought.... I hate a week to go by without going to church. I sat in my recliner and read the Ensign and some other uplifting stuff. But, it is not like the real thing. Rudy has now got the dreaded cold. So I hope that means he will not be giving it back to me, but I am not counting on it. I will keep thinking Vitamin C, D and all the rest of them vitamins and cross my fingers.

Tomorrow I think I will open the windows and get some of that wonderful fresh air in the house. That is one of the best smells, right up there with home-made bread. Oh by the way, FYI... sundry (sun-dree) means various problems not important enough to mention each one individually. Not to be confused with sun-dry (sun-dri) which is to dry in the sun, like sun dried tomatoes (not to be confused with fried green tomatoes). I knew what it meant (hence I used it properly in a sentence) all along, but was just test'ng ya'all. Did ya pass??? It was a little blog humor...!

Since going to Hawaii, I have been wanting to go on another vacation...a little shorter this time however!! I really would like to go to Las Vegas and see Donnie and Marie at the Flamingo. That is what I would like for my birthday (hint hint Rudy). I checked it out and it is a family friendly show and the tickets range from "not to much", to, "we need to sell the house range". I would like to get tickets in the "somewhere in between" range. Actually they really are affordable for Las Vegas and you can get rooms that look pretty nice for about $55.00 a night during the week. (at the Flamingo). Sounds so fun to me. If there is anyone out there that wants to go with us, let us know. (because Rudy loves me so much, I know he will get tickets for me. He is such a wonderful husband and such a good Rudy!!! he is my knight in shining armour and my Prince Charming...do ya think I got him buttered up enough???? Rudy is a good guy for sure and I really don't need to butter him very much!!! And he is truly all of that to me. So if anyone wants to go to Vegas....

1 comments:

Carol and Rudy Benoit said...

What the hay??? Did I really spell Donny with an IE??? Where are my editing skills?? How in the world could I miss-spell Donny!!! Can you spell proof read???? Oh well....