Friday, April 24, 2009

Earth Day and other Carol Sagas

Hip Hip Hooray!!! It was Earth day on Wednesday. I guess I am not a very "green" person, as so many people are, but I did do my best to plant a tree yesterday. I went to the movie. "The movie" you say, how can that be earth friendly or tree planting"? " Well, I say back, it was the new Disney movie...Earth". Anyone who goes to this movie in the first week, will have a tree planted in their honor. So there!!! How many of you planted a tree this week? Not many I bet!!! Yes, we finally made it to the movies this week. We have not been to the movies in about a gazillion years. Rudy wanted to see this movie so bad, so I gave in and went...(my motivation---can you say popcorn??!!) As you know I loves my popcorn!!! Anyway back to the movie...it was along the lines of Planet Earth, that was on TV. I really did enjoy it, but I would have liked to seen something a little different. Anywho, we went and that is a big accomplishment for us couch potatoes ( or is it potatos without the e...ask Dan Quail...who is he you youngsters may ask...he was Vice-President of the United States!!! and there was this big scandal about how to spell potato or potatoe) however, I digress (what does "digress mean???). We did get out of the house on a beautiful spring day and got some fresh air!!! We had a fun day and it was good as always to be with my Rudy.

After the movie we went to eat at Rib City in AF. They have the best sirloin steak and I am a steak and POTATO (?E or no E, that is the question...spellcheck says no E. Just a little attempt at humor there...a very little attempt!!!) I digress again (by the way...digress means to leave the main subject temporaily in a speech or writing.) kind of gal. We saw Tony the owner and she talked with us for a bit. Her brother is Vincent Di'Nofrio(sp) of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" fame. Rudy has been begging her for a photo with an autograph, because anything "Law and Order", he worships. She said she had a pic for us and gave it to Paula. Somewhere, somehow he did not get it. So he bugged her again and she is going to get another one for him. Long story to tell how much I loved eating at Rib City!!!!

Do you want to hear another saga? If not, don't read on. This is a warning...BEWARE OF ONCOMING SAGA!!!!! I guess it is not really a saga, just another example of what a big mouth I have!!! Sarah Larsen and Lisa Ramey (thanks Ladies) invited me to lunch with them and some other of the youngsters in our ward. We went to Olive Garden.( I also love the OG.) So I decided since they invited me I would go. I wondered why they wanted an oldie moldie like me to tag along. Anyway we had a very nice lunch and had some fun conversation. It was a really nice lunch with some really nice ladies. (I would call them girls, but they are all cute little Mommys).
At the end we ( I mean me) got a little silly. What did they put in that frozen raspberry lemonade?? I was thinking of what Rudy calls me (in jest), when I get all "gussed" up with all my jewelery and stuff on, when right then and there I said it in my "out-loud" voice!!! Slap my hand over my mouth would someone, please. They must think I am a real slug and that Rudy is one too. How embarrassing!!!! And no I am not going to say it here!!! clue---W_ _ _ _ of Babylon!!! In any event they laughed hysterically. I hope they know he just calls me that to tease me. Still I need to sew my mouth shut or at least have a filter. However, I guess when you think about it, it is kind of funny. When will I ever learn...never!! Anyway this is who we are and ya gotta love us or think we are wierd or I guess you could do both! and if you don't you are missing a good laugh now and then. We are quite entertaining!!!

I just re-read this whole post and I do "digress" a whole lot!!! I guess focussing is not one of my strong points!!!

1 comments:

Sarah Larsen said...

NEVER filter your mouth!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!!