Monday, May 18, 2009

We made History / Wicked Step-Mother Day

I guess we made history yesterday. You will never find it in a history book, but only on the records of the Church. We are now members of the new Pleasant Grove Utah West Stake or is it Pleasant Grove West Utah Stake? Either way, you get the picture. A new stake was made by taking six or seven wards from two other stakes and making this new one. All of the speakers kept saying what a historic this day was and I believe what my church leaders say. But we must not be the only new stake organized yesterday with the way the Church is growing!!!
Bishop Able is now President Able. He was called to be the second counselor. I need to find out for sure the name of the new president and other counselor. That means we will getting a new Bishopric. With this change and Bro. Valletta moving it will be a good time for it.

I heard of a new thing on TV today. They called it "Wicked Step-Mother's" day. Right up my alley, if ya get my drift. Instead of trying to visit every one's in-laws and out-laws on Mother's Day, Step-Mothers celebrate on the Sunday after Mother's Day. (I guess you could do the same for Step-Fathers too). I am going to tell Rudy we need to celebrate this day, since I am one, of course...(a wicked step-mother, among other things!!!) Sounds like a plan. So all you wicked Step-Mothers out there UNITE and let's all have a party! Oops...I think we are a day late. Oh well, any excuse for a party!!!

We are getting ready to go to Las Vegas to see Donny and Marie!!!! I knew Rudy would come through...he always does. They are performing at the Flamingo, so that is where we will be staying. It will just be easier for us to stay at the same hotel. I know one thing for sure, Rudy will want to go to the Star Trek adventure at the Hilton. Yes folks, he is a semi-Trekkie, or one in training, because we haven't been to the new movie yet. It opened last weekend and we are a little slow. Really, I guess it is me dragg'ng my feet. I have been a little bit lazy. My knee hurts pretty bad and it is easier not to walk a lot....and we are going to Vegas???? Can you say electric scooter??? I have rented one and it will be waiting at the hotel when we get there. It will be so much better on both of us if I can scoot along!!! Someday I hope not to have this problem!!! I was checking out the rentals on line and they say that even healthy people are renting scooters in Las Vegas, because you walk so much and it is pretty inexpensive to rent a scooter!! Imagine that. I would be so thankful to be able to walk!!!! Though, I am glad that I have this alternative now,when I need it.

2 comments:

lramey said...

the stake president's name is Pres. Bratt, I don' remember the 1st counselor though...

I saw Star Trek- and it's AWESOME- and I am no where near trekkie status, so it's a go see for sure!

I watched GTU yesterday too and thought the step mother day was a grand idea as well- you rock that mad party!

Amy K said...

Have fun in Vegas! And Happy Birthday!!!