Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day tomorrow!

Okay, so it is Mother's Day tomorrow and I am so grateful I have a wonderful mother. My parents are the best! I am glad we have a day to honor our Mothers (and Fathers too). But, I must admit I kinda have a hard time on this day...because I have not been blessed to be a mother. People always say there are many ways of mothering other than just giving birth. And, I guess there is a lot more to being a mother than just giving birth. Still I can imagine there is nothing better than having a little one look into your eyes and say "I love you Mommy". There cannot be anything better when your child comes home with a dandelion and says "I picked this flower just for you." I think there probably is nothing better than getting a hug and a kiss goodnight. How a mother must feel when she sees her child's firsts like...their step, a lost tooth, first day at school or even a date. A mother's heart must swell when she sees her child's accomplishments like high school and college graduation, a mission and temple marriage. It must be wonderful when a mother's child has a child of their own, and hears the word "Grandma"! One day the Lord, I hope, will see fit to give me the honor of being a mother, but until then...thank you, all of you mothers out there who let me share a little of your child's love. To all those mothers I know, you are the best!!! Thanks for raising your children the way you do. They are our future and I know we will be in good hands. Thanks for all of your sacrifice and struggles. Thanks for going through the challenges of dirty little faces, dirty diapers, dirty little hands and showing me that at the end of the day you still give love unconditionally. You are truly an example of Christ-like love.
And last but not least, thanks to my Mother. You have loved me through good and bad, thick and thin, and sickness and health. You have taught me through words and example. I love you, Mother. May God bless you always.

3 comments:

lramey said...

oh carol, that was so sweet, it made me cry. love you!

Munford Family said...

Love you Carol! You are so sweet and make us all feel so loved! Thank you for loving unconditionally, you're an example to me.

Amy K said...

You have a mother heart Carol. Thanks for loving our kids like you do! You and Rudy are so special to us.