Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pics of Jack

We watched Jack Mac for a little while, when his mother had some RS business. He is such a cute little guy! I love his chubby cheeks. They are so kissable. We were sitting on the sofa reading when we remembered we had our camera. Rudy flew into get it so we could take some candids of Jack. We had a good time reading all the books and pulling the toys out of the toy bag. He loves to watch the fishy and have Rudy feed the fish. It seems his favorite book that day was"Finding Nemo". He kept saying "Nemo" in his little Jack voice. Fun was had by all.

Speaking of fish. Our Leon fishy died. Rudy gave him the "Royal Flush". I could not watch because I felt so sad. It is weird how attached you can get to a little fish. It must be heartbreaking when you lose a dog or cat that has lived with you for years. (M. Ovard's Darcy, Helene Davis' little Anna, or Smith's Rolly...just a few examples) Anyway Rudy sent our little Leon. on the water slide of his life or death I guess it is. The next dayRudy came home with a new little beta fish which we named Seymour. We had been singing "Suddenly Seymour" from the movie "Little Shop of Horrors", for some odd reason...who knows why. So it just kind felt like that would be his name. So I guess his official name is Suddenly Seymour Benoit. Rudy calls him anything and everything like "son" or "boy" and once in a while Seymour. I just usually call him "fishy". The poor fish will have an identity crisis before to long. Rudy bought him a new house...it is not a bowl...that has a pump and a light in it (it is kind of triangle shaped). He also bought a bridge to go with the old helmut and plant from the old bowl. I am really glad Seymour has a new home. I would not be able to see him living in the old bowl Leon died in. Yuck. We also moved him up on the counter instead of the table. His house is just to big and has too many accessories. All this talk about a fish. My-o-my! Good luck Seymour...we have been known to boil our beta fish before...can you say Magellen?? (Jelly for short). Long story...if you want to know the whole story about the" Benoit boiling incident", we would be embarrassed (but willing) to tell you.

1 comments:

Jolene said...

We got Isaac fish for his first birthday, some little gold fish. Over a year later they had grown four times their original size. Then Isaac decided to feed them their whole can of fish food twice. I was so sad they died. That is when I decided it's to hard to have a pet with little kids. I am sorry for your loss:(