Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh My Goodness!!!

I cannot believe my last post was on Christmas Eve. How last year!!! So much has happened since then. We had a wonderful Christmas. Santa brought us everything we wanted and even more!! I guess we were very good during the year. It was nice to spend time with family and friends. As usual Jane had wonderful food prepared! We ate both breakfast and dinner there. She is a great cook. From turkey to ham and salads to desserts, we had everything. Thanks Janie!! We spent some time at Mother's and Ray's homes. I love being around family. I think Rudy took some pictures and I need to get him to post them. I have no idea where he keeps the camera. It was suppose to be Christmas for both of us. I think he must think I will break it or something. Who knows? Something wonderful did happen Christmas morning...our adopted grandkids (Alli and Blake) called to thank us for their Christmas gifts. To hear their cute little voices telling us they loved the presents made our day!!!!

It snowed all day on Christmas and seems like it has snowed ever since. Yesterday it snowed all day. We have had lots of snow storms and the snow gets deeper and deeper! The roads just get cleared and then they are snowy again. I am certainly glad I don't have to travel far. I can just sit home and watch it snow and snuggle with a good book...I got several for Christmas, no shortage here!

We did not do anything for New Year"s Eve. It was pretty boring. Rudy fell asleep at about 10:30pm, so at midnight, I quietly said "Happy New Year" to myself. After about an hour of channel-surfing, I went to bed. Fun was had by all...NOT!!! Come to think of it, we have never done to much on New Year's Eve. We have been to a few small parties and we did go to a "First-Night" party in SLC. It was so cold and not to fun. Many, many times I have been on call that night and rang the New Year in with hospital patients and ornery Radiologists. That is how we rang in the new century...on our way home from the hospital, we stopped up in the aves to watch the fireworks...what a fun way to bring in 2000!!!

Santa brought me so many card making goodies, I had to make room and re-organize my whole office space. What a good reason to organize. I got so many cute things, it is hard to decide what to use first. I spent the morning making B-day cards for Relief Society. I think I have lost my knack!!! I need to get some new inspiration!!! :( I got a new machine for digital craft cutting. It is called the "Silhouette". :))) It is kind of like the Cricket cutting system from Provo craft, except you can hook it up to the computer and down load any kind of shape etc. Rudy has set it up for me, I just need to learn how to use it. It looks like it is not to hard, but for me, who knows. (I break cameras, remember :0 hahaha oh no!!!)

0 comments: