Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thanks Pres. Monson

Yesterday was a very eventful day. First thing in the morning we had to take Aunt Lorraine to get her car inspected, oil changed, emissions etc. She likes to go to Gene Harvey Chevrolet where she bought her car. So I drove her and her car to the dealership. We got everything taken care of and while we were doing that my dear, sweetheart Rudy decided to check out the new cars. We had been talking about getting a new car, but I just thought it was talk. Well, anyway we liked the Aveo. It is a small little car that is suppose to get good gas mileage. Talk about sticker-shock!!! I guess you can tell we have not been shopping for cars for a very long time. I took a big breath...which was hard because of the red-alert inversion... and a big gulp. $29.000 dollars for this cute, TINY little car. No way, no how and I going to pay that much. Well, it burst my bubble. Dear Aunt Lorraine suggested we go out to breakfast. Who can turn down breakfast out? So we drowned our sorrows in syrup.

After eating we took Auntie home and went on our way to do some errands. While doing our many errands, Aunt Lorraine called to see if we would mind taking her to Wal-mart. So we finished running around and went back to A.F. to pick her up. I decided to stay in the car, because of the inversion and I wasn't breathing so good. She had said she wouldn't be very long, so I made myself comfortable. (Where is a book when I need one?) I would hate to see what her long was, because about an hour and a half later here they came. The Rudster is such a good sport to take her in and follow her and her walker around the store. "Kudos" to Rudy!!!! He just rolled his eyes and I knew not to ask any questions. After the Wal-mart shopping spree, we decided her car must be done. Off we went to the dealership to get it. When we got there, the Rudster when to check. Trauma time!!! They told him that her brother had picked it up. Knowing that Uncle Lyle lives in Arizona, he told them that was impossible! So they had to check again. They had made a mistake, which made us all about have a heart attack, thinking they had given her car to someone else. The car was done and parked around the back,. Trouble averted, we got her and her car safely home.

Still having the new car bug, we decided to go to Orem. We have a running joke at our house...instead of telling someone to go to H-E-double hockey sticks, we say they will be going to Orem. I know we are strange, but that is what makes us unique! We had been looking at a Nissan Versa, so we stopped off at Ken Garff's Nissan. Well, I found the car I loved. A brilliant RED one. It had the moon-roof package and all the bells and whistles you could want. We both fit really good in it...which is one of my fears about a little car, because we are not small dainty little things! The salesman new we both loved it. We went into the office to crunch some numbers. They didn't crunch the numbers at all. I guess they thought because we loved it so much we would buy it on the spot. The sales boss came and did some fancy car salesman talk and by the time he was through it was above sticker price. Rudy has to think things over and it was the first one we had looked at. So we told him we had to think it over. Well, you know those high-pressure salesman, but we stood our ground and said no way, not tonight and not for that price. He said he really wanted to sale a car and he would give us $500 more for the Jimmy. We were tempted, but Rudy said his financial advisor has told us not to get in debt. (President Monson...it went right over the sales manager's head when Rudy told him who his financial advisor was). Mr. "Slick" told us we would regret it in the morning (which I don't, I feel much better realizing what a jerk he was to us) and I almost told him to go to Orem! Oh, wait, he is in Orem. I think we might be making a trip to Sandy, Murray and SLC. I also think we might want to check out some other makes and models. Dang it, I still love that little red Versa!!! Like I said, "What a day."

1 comments:

Munford Family said...

I am NOT a fan of car dealerships. I would look on KSL. Tyson's step-dad buys our cars from the Las Vegas actions. We get newer cars for 5-10 thousand dollars off what they are selling them in the dealerships.