Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Catch up

Ok so it has been over a week since our (my) post. I hope I can recall what has happened.
Halloween Party...
Our Halloween party turned out to be a hit. We had so much fun. About 35 kids and parents showed up...maybe more. It was neat to see those who dressed up and the clever costumes everyone came up with. Of course we had to have a costume contest, but being PC everyone won some kind of a prize. We played a few games and I really think the kiddies had bunches of fun. The guests were asked to bring a finger food (no human fingers please). We had wonderful, yummy treats. There were lots of different kinds, so it turned out well. Everyone who came thanked us so much and told us how much fun they had. I think we may make it a tradition. We had a gas planning and putting it on. Amy Palmer took lots of pics for us (still no camera).So as soon as she sends them I will post all the fun candid shots.

Family Halloween Party
On Saturday Oct 25th we had a family party at my sister Jane's house. Jane is such a party planner and giver. She had everything decorated so fun. First we had craft time. She had foam Halloween shapes that we could decorate. Rudy and I both decorated cute pumpkins, which are proudly displayed at home. Then I made a skull and cross-bones. All the kids...and grown-ups had fun being crafty. After crafting we had lunch. Jane had made pulled-pork sandwiches. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!! The rest of us contributed salads and dessert. It was a scrumptious meal. After lunch, she had all the kids meet in the basement where she had a spook-alley of sorts. It was dark and they had to feel a monster brain (wet sponge), witches fingers (pretzels) bat bones (small twigs) etc. You get the picture. To top it off she had "Rudy's toenails" (slivered almonds). They had a good time. When everyone was spooked she had them go outside to "Bob for doughnuts". You should have seen the chocolate faces. When all the fun and games were over, we had a good visit. We had not been together for a party since the 24th of July. Again I had to depend on someone else to take me pictures. Of course it was "Camera Ann". She said she would send them to me, so I could put them on my blog. I hope she does it soon. Maybe I need to bug her.

During the Week...
We had Blake and Alli Palmer over while Amy did some errands. We love when we get to have "play dates". We love them as if they are our own grandchildren. And they love us unconditionally. We have so much fun with them. They love the "toy bag", the Disney books and movies. I adore little Alli and her cute little voice. She makes my heart so happy. She is so smart and picks up things so fast. I will say something and the next thing I know she is saying it. She sat by me in Church on Sunday during the primary program. (Can I say I just love the primary program!!!) When the children were singing "I am a Child of God" I was singing in her ear and by the second verse she was singing.."lead me, guide me" etc. Blake is smart also. He has such a good time with the Rudster. It is a guy thing! Rudy is so good with kids. They just love him...see Noah Harper...and I do too.
Also so during the week Rudy has been decorating the house for Halloween. Did I mention it is one of his favorite holidays. He saw a craft on TV about how to make balloon spiders. Now we have a whole spider web full of them. The only thing I hate about his "Halloween things" is the air horn. I absolutely hate it. If I could chuck it I would. One more thing I could do without is the "shrunken Head" we have hanging from our living room fan. Can you say "hideous"? It gives me the creeps. But I guess that is what Halloween is all about.
What a long blog with no pictures...hopefully soon my dear picture-takers will send me the pics and all can see what fun we are having and not just hearing about it.

2 comments:

Munford Family said...

It looks like you have been have a lot of fun! Thank you for the Halloween Party, my kids had such a good time! Are you two going to the Trunk of Treat? I want to make sure we see you, if not we will swing past your house to see all your fun decorations!

Adventures of Ardis said...

I am excited to see this frightening shrunken head! By the way, the skeleton is hilarious, even if it may be slightly crude. To show you how correct it was to get that for our family--in Sarah and my stockings this last year, our parents most definitely gave us little reindeer that excreted brown jelly beans. Way funny, and even funnier that we have the skeleton now.
I love your blog!