Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back in the Water

I have been swimming twice this week and it is only Wed. I went Mon. with Marianne Hampton. Rudy went with me today. It feels good to get back into somewhat of a routine. I talked with the instructor of the class about my knee. She gave me some really good pointers, so I think I will be doing the deep water class tomorrow. I love how I feel in the pool. It makes me feel so good!

I have been working on my children's stories. I like the concept of the Carlton (the dog) books I came up with. I have a bunch written. Now I have to decide how to divide it, revise it and where to go with it. I also have several short rhyming stories in mind. I have written "Relax Max", "Way to Go, Joe" and "Sit Still, Jill". I want Rudy to illustrate them, so I can see how they will look. I have a few more rhyming ones yet to figure out. It has been fun and challenging for my brain. That has been all I have thought about for the last week. No wonder why I haven't blogged since Fri. I guess I am not as good at multi-tasking as I thought.

For Super Saturday (which is really "Fabulous Friday" in our ward)I am teaching a card making class. You get to make 6 cards for $5.00. I think that is a fair price. Anyway, the Relief Soc. asked me to teach. Ha Ha Ha! What do I know about it? I just sit down and see what paper I have and go from there. I have made a bunch of examples for the sisters to see. I hope they will be okay. I am not a pro and I am sure there are many, more qualified than me. But, I love to make cards, so I hope it goes well...more later. I wish I had a camera. We could take pictures of the cards I make (RS B-day cards etc). Then I could see what I have done and get more ideas. Oh well, maybe for Christmas. I would like to post some fun pictures of family and friends on our blog. That would make it so much better. Do you hear me Rudy? I want a camera!!!!

1 comments:

Amy K said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee! We need to walk down and say hello.

I'm excited for the card making, i signed up to make 6. And yes, you do know a lot about card making, you have so much talent! I didnt' know you were into writing books! I can't wait to see them when they're done or when you want to share.