Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Little Lonely Without Bryce

I have been feeling a little lonely the last little while. Then I finally figured it out. I miss my little friend Bryce. During school time year last year he would come over to visit me every day. He was in Kindergarten so he went a half day, in the morning. We would play guessing games and tell stories and just visit. I miss him more than I thought I would. His family bought a new home in American Fork. I am happy for them, but a bit sad for me. One day Bryce asked me what my wedding rings were. I told him that it showed I was married to Rudy. He told me he would marry me, but I was already married to Rudy. How cute was that. At Christmas time we had our Nativity out. I told Bryce who each figure was...he knew Baby Jesus...and when I got to the Three Wise Men, I told him that they brought the baby gifts. I had him repeat after me...gold, frankincense, myrrh, several times. Then I ask him what the wise men had as gifts. Proudly he said, "gold, Frankenstein, and myrrh." I love that little guy. When Rudy would go to the store, he would find little goodies and treats to give Bryce each day. I think his favorite treat was candy corn. I hope he is getting his candy corn now. Bryce even had his own water bottle in the refrigerator. He knew where it was, so anytime he needed a drink he went and got it himself. I was happy he felt so at home he could do it. Bryce had the best manners. Every time he came in, he took his shoes off. I told him he could keep them on, but he said it was better if he took them off so he wouldn't get anything dirty. I guess now he is in school all day (first grade) so even if he lived near he might not come as much. It is much more fun to play with friends anyway. But I am really thankful I had that time with my special little friend, Bryce. They moved so quickly, I didn't even get a hug, I could only wave goodbye. I hope he remembers a little about the Benoits. We will always remember him and his unconditional love for us. Love you Bryce

1 comments:

Amy K said...

Cute new Halloween Blog! I love it!

You know, a while back, I saw a comment from Sarah on your blog and had no idea that they had moved. He was certaintly cute with you. I always saw him at church talking with you or sitting by you. He's a cute kid. I'm sorry you don't get to see him.

We will try and come visit this week, we miss you both and Alli and Blake have been asking about you. :)