Sunday, December 21, 2008

If I only had a Brain!

I think I need to go see the old Wizard of Oz and get me a new Brain...me and the Scarecrow!!! Yesterday was filled with shopping day and night! Not again, you may be saying!!! Oh yes, it is true. However, we didn't go at 2:30 in the morning, only from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. Then off again at 10:00pm. You would think I would learn a lesson. I guess, I have to learn the hard way. Good thing it was Sunday today, so we had a time limit last night! Midnight was the curfew, so we pulled into the garage at 12:30.( It took us a few minutes to get home ). I have asked myself, why do I put myself through this torture. I have no reasonable explanation. I thought you were suppose to get smarter with age????? Apparently, not me. You see for the last few years, we didn't have a lot of extra money. Now that Rudy is getting his SS we have a little more. Not much, but we have been saving, so we can get each other Christmas presents this year. The last four years we decided to forgo presents for each other, so we could get presents for family and friends. It was much simpler then! None of this crazy shopping all day and all night! I focused more on the reason for the season, back then. I think this year I have gone way over-board! Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy getting Rudy surprises for Christmas. It is so fun to see his face on Christmas morning, opening presents. And to be honest with you I like getting presents too! But this year I have been so focused on the gift buying and not the gift that Heavenly Father gave to me. Even though it is better to give than receive, I am going to focus on the gift of my Savior and receive him in my heart this Christmas season. Without his birth we would not have the Savior's life or Atonement. There is no better gift to receive than the gift of eternal life. Maybe you can teach an old dog a new trick, or least an old codger like me. I think I have definitely learned my lesson this Christmas season.

0 comments: