Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Adult Dinner"

Last night Paula and Ray hosted a dinner for my siblings and Mother. Aunt Lorraine was also invited. It was night to reminisce and visit. What a great idea Aunt Paula!!! She fixed dinner for all. We had yummy chicken noodle soup or beef stew in bread bowls. It hit the spot on a cold and rainy night. For dessert she had made an ice cream cake-roll or cherry pie. Well of course we all had to have a smidgen of both. It was delicious!!! After dinner we were each assigned to bring a memory of someone in the family. We laughed until we cried at some of the funny things we had done together through the years. It was so fun to hear fond memories of things I had forgotten. There were also very touching moments, which of course I had tears!!! It was so good to be together with each other. Rudy learned some things about me and I learned some things about Ann, Jane and Ray. It was touching to hear about Mom and Dad's courtship and some of the things we had not heard before. Mother also told us about their early marriage. It was great to catch up on each other's daily lives, and just visit. I love to be with my family. Thanks Paula and Ray for a perfect evening. Even though we get together a lot with the whole family, I think we should get the siblings together more like this. Fun was had by all!!!

0 comments: