Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Rudy

Today is Rudy's birthday! I started the thankful list with Rudy and I am going to put a "thanks for Rudy" in the middle. I am so grateful to have a Rudy (the one and only) in my life. Like I have said before, he is the bestest in the Westest!(and Northest, Southest and even Eastest) I love him so much! He is so good to me and he is kind, considerate and loving. He honors his Priesthood and me! What more could a Carol want? Nothing!!! So, Rudy thankyou for you and Happy Birthday, Honey!!!

Last night we went to dinner with the "AF girls" (which includes Dennis and Rudy). We went to the Olive Garden. We celebrated our Wedding Anniversary and Rudy's birthday. Rudy was in seventh Heaven. He loves his pasta! Our waiter came up to ask us what we wanted to drink and all of a sudden he said he was in our Ward. He knew we lived in Pemberley etc. I guess he saw us at church (we are pretty unforgetable characters...one with O2 and one with a cane). His name was Branden Madsen. He said they live in Rockwell, but they went away for the summer to work. He showed us a picture of his wife, and I remember seeing her in RS. She has beautiful long red hair. They have a little baby girl. I think he said his wife's name was Becca. I told him to come talk to us on Sunday. I will have to watch for him. By the way, he was a very good waiter!!!
So thankyou Brandon!!! (and AF girls)

This morning we got a phone call, and who should be on the line but our cute Alli girl and Blake! They each sang "Happy Birthday" to Rudy. We both got kinda teary eyed. He put it on speaker-phone so I could hear them sing. (we could even hear their dog Lucy in the background, singing along with them) What a beautiful way for Rudy to start out his birthday! Thanks goes to the Palmers, you made our day!

2 comments:

Amy K said...

Happy Birhday Rudy! We thought that we would sing it together, but then Blake wanted to sing it all by himself, so the first time was me and Alli, and the second time, Blake and Lucy. :)

Munford Family said...

Happy Birthday Rudy!!