Saturday, November 8, 2008

Already Day 8

So I went to put in a batch of washing into the washer and I thought how much I love this washer/dryer set. It is the front-loading type and we purchased them when we moved here. How much easier it is for me to load and unload the wash! I realized how thankful I am for the modern conveniences that are available to us. No doing our wash on rocks, or putting it through the wringers. And, oh the days of hanging clothes out on a clothes-line to dry (I remember doing that, what a pain in the cold months). We have a dishwasher, a microwave oven, a refrigerator with water and crushed ice coming out the door. Yes, I remember the "old days" of the metal ice trays! We have a TV in the living room. One in the bedroom and in both of our offices. We don't even have to move to change the channels, because we have remotes. I even remember when we got out first color TV (when I was but a very,very young, little girl)! I think sometimes I take all this for granted. I don't take time to appreciate what we have around us to make our lives easier. Sometimes I wonder if we have it to easy, then I put that thought right out of my mind fast!!! I am so thankful I live now and have what I have. Thanks, thanks, many times thanks for those modern conveniences. Did I mention how grateful I am for "cordless/cell" phones?

0 comments: