Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 6 of Thanks

Today is Alli Palmer's birthday...Happy Birthday Alli!!! She is two years old today. Way to go my sweet little girl. Alli is one of my favorite people and friend. She is always so glad to see me and says in her little Alli voice "Hi Caro" sometimes it is even "Hi Grandma Caro". We call her one of our rent-a-grandkids. I love you Alli.So today I am thankful for all of our wonderful friends. From Alli Palmer to everyone of our other friends. We are so blessed to have so many friends. Every month we go to dinner with the "AF Girls". These are girlfriends I have had since High School...some even from elementary school. It is so nice to spend 1 night a month and keep our friendship alive and well.We still have many friends from SLC we keep in touch with. There are work friends and neighborhood friends, and even our old ward friends. Through emails and phone calls we keep abreast of the happenings of old and dear friends. Since moving to Pleasant Grove we have met and made new friends. I have become close to the Sisters I visit teach...Amy, Emily and Mel. I have gotten especially close to my partner Mary Ann Sellers. I love each one of them. They each are so unique in their own special way.I have also made many new friends through our neighborhood book club. I hate to name names because I am afraid I will leave someone out, but I have really gotten close to Lindsay, Amber, Jolene, Holly, and so many more. If I left your name out please forgive me. I have renewed friendships with Marianne Hampton through book club and swimming. Speaking of swimming, my swim buddies I spent the summer with are all so special to me. I love you Phyllis, Shirley, Helene, JoAnne and Pam. I cannot wait until summer to get back in the pool with these neat women. Then there have been wonderful visiting teachers who visit me. Jen I can never repay you for your gentle encouragement and support. You will never know what an impact you have had on me. Then there is Becky. Thanks for your love and support and for Jack. Mary Lynn, I am so excited to hear about your mission, through you, my testimony is strenghtened. I must also mention Katie Tucker. She started to visit me through her calling in compassionate service, but has become a good friend. We have had many visits and discussions about books. She has even loaned me books that have become some of my favorites!!!Space is to short to mention all the names of friends we have in the Garden 9th Ward. What a wonderful group, and fantastic ward family we have. Everyone has taken us in and has shown so much love to us. We love you ward family.One friend I know I will have forever is my BFF, CJ Smith. She is such a special and unique person. She builds me up and cheers me up. We know how each other works. We can confide in each other and know that is as far as it will go. She has introduced me to new ways of thinking and new ways to see life. I love her!! Along with CJ, I love her girls. Ardis and Sarah are such good girls. I have grown to love and appreciate them so much. Thanks Smiths!!!As we journey through this life it is so wonderful to have friends to share our experiences with. Each of these good people touch my life and help to make me a better person. How sad it would be not to have friends. I am so blessed with all the unique and special people I have met along the way. I know there even more wonderful friends to meet. So here is a great big thanks to all my friends. Thanks for being you, because I am better for knowing you! President Kimball said (and I am paraphrasing) that the Lord is concern about all of us and knows our needs. He usually answers our prayers and our needs through other people. He has sure answered my prayers by sending friends into my life along the way. Thanks again dear friends!

0 comments: