Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nine and Counting

Today is Sunday, and as usual we started the day by listening to the Mo Tab Choir. I love the choir broadcasts each Sunday morning. They help to start the day with the Spirit. After, off we went to church . In Sacrament Meeting we had 2 really good speakers. They each spoke about conversion. I enjoyed hearing both talks. Each helped me to reflect on my life and my conversion. It is good to remember when you felt those spiritual feelings of being really converted. Thanks to Bro. Komen and Sister Rasmussen for their excellent talks.
Then to Sunday School class. We had a new teacher today. Bro. Adams was the teacher and he is really a good one. Our discussion was about the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was a great discussion. I enjoy when there is lots of comments. I learn so much.
After Sunday School, it is Relief Society. The lessons for the whole year have been about the Prophet Joseph Smith. Today was about the love he showed to his family, even while he was away so much or imprisoned. Most of the lesson had letters he wrote to Emma. He gave her so much encouragement in troubles times. He spoke of his love for her and the children. One quote I don't want to ever forget is..."My heart is entwined around yours forever and ever." That quote to me says it all. It is like...no matter what may come, the hardships we endure and the trials we may go through, I will love you forever and ever and we will be together through the eternities. I feel that way about Rudy. But, back to the Prophet Joseph...no matter what he went through, he loved his family and still testified of the truthfulness of the gospel. He wanted them to know that our Father will be there for us, come what may. It was a beautiful lesson.
So today I am thankful for Joseph Smith. I testify of him. He is a true prophet of God and did restore the Lord's church in these latter days. He indeed translated the Book of Mormon, and restored the Priesthood. I know he knelt in the Sacred Grove and prayed to a living Heavenly Father. In that same grove he saw both the Father and the Son, and heard both speak. I will ever be grateful to him for all he did to usher in this last dispensation. Joseph is one of my gospel Heros. Thankyou Brother Joseph!!

0 comments: