Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Month

So I decided each day of the month I would post one thing I am thankful for. I decided this four days into the month, so I am behind already!!! So here are the first four...

November 1...I am so thankful for my Rudy!! If I had to start a gazillion lists it would always start with Rudy! He is my life, my best friend, my confidant, my hero, my love! He makes me laugh when I need a chortle! He is an example of faith. He is so smart and knowledgeable. He is a great cook and dishwasher! He treats me like a queen. He loves me for me and expects nothing more. And he is so darn HANDSOME!!! I thank my Father in Heaven everyday for Rudy! What a lucky girl I am. Rudy is such a blessing in my life! I am thankful to have Rudy for an eternal companion and I love you "no matter what" and forever x 2 !!!!

November 2...I am thankful for my parents. I have the best Mother and Dad! I know everyone says that, but for me it is the truth! Even though my dad is not with me physically, I feel him close around me every day. I hear his advice constantly and remember things he told to me when he was alive. I love and miss you Dad!
I am so thankful we live close to mother now. I love our talks on the phone. She is a good "pick-me-upper" and encourages me to do better. I am grateful for all she does for me and Rudy. I love you Mother!
My parents taught me by example. They taught me good values and to be honest. (And they still teach me). They love me and support me in all I do. They too, are a blessing in my life! Thanks Mother and Dad!

November 3... I am grateful for my two sisters and brother and their spouses. Jane is so talented and helped me to get started in crafty stuff! Ray taught me to "drag main". Ann and I were buddies since we were little. We have had so many fun and spiritual times through-out our lives.
We shared so many experiences together..."Buckboard Motel", Sunday popcorn, Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas bingo and Christmas punch, Camping in the trailers, Yellowstone, Disneyland and more... I am grateful that Jane has Kay and Ray has Paula and someday Ann will have someone too. I have so many memories of so many different things, but one thing I know is that we will always be there for each other. Thanks guys...I love you.

November 4... Today is election day! I am grateful to live in a free country where I am able to vote for our leaders. It is such a privilege to be able to vote. I can remember how excited I was when I turned 18 yrs old and was able to vote in my first presidential election. I have voted in every election since then. I am so thankful for that right.

So I have gotten the first 4 days of my"month of thanks" done. It feels good to be able to express my thanks. I really am so blessed.


Like I said it is election day today. We voted about noon time. We only had to wait about 35 minutes to vote. I thought it would be longer than that. Maybe all those early voters helped out. I voted for John McCain for President. I am hoping he will win. I hope we will know tonight...no more years like 2000!!! If Obama wins I will respect the office of President, but it will be very hard to respect the man. He really makes me worry. I guess life will go on. No one can tell the future. All I know is that we have to stay close to the church and follow the prophet. Thank heavens for a living prophet to guide us!!! (in these latter-days)

0 comments: