Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On the Twelveth Day of Thanks...

Today has been a gloomy, gray, rainy day. Just the kind of day I like to snuggle under a blanket and read a good book. So that is just what I have done today. We went to the pool this morning and had a good work-out/time. It had rained, but was not raining when we got there. After our hour of pool "therapy", we get out to the car and it was sputtering or misting rain. Not real lots, but just enough to turn on the wipers now and again. As we got closer to home it was a little bit heavier. So what a good day to read. Today I am thankful for books and the ability to read. Thanks goes to all my teachers who taught me how to read. Reading is one of my favorite things. I just love it. I can tune just about everything out when I am engrossed in a book. I have read so many wonderful works of literary art in my life, and some not so wonderful. I guess you have to take the good with the bad. Right now I am reading a bio of Albert Einstein. I have to concentrate when they are talking all that physics stuff. Fortunately I took a lot of physics in school. I enjoyed it, I guess because we used lots of it in Ultrasound. (By the way...what an interesting man.) Also I just finished a book called..."A Girl Named Zippy"... for book club. It reminded me of myself growing up. These are two totally different types of books. I am glad I like so many different genre of books. I learn so much by reading. It takes me away to different places and times. Reading enlightens me and makes me think!!! I am also thankful for our neighborhood book club. I have read many books I probably would have never chosen on my own. After reading I enjoy our discussions, which enables me to understand the book and maybe see it in a different light. So I will be thankful for those rainy days...beside needing the water, I have an excuse to snuggle up and read...(like I ever need an excuse)

0 comments: