Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Behind Again!

What is that saying...I am so behind I am ahead of myself??? Well certainly I am behind in my thankful days. Think of it, me busy!!! How about that? I will try and catch up now...

Sunday, November 23...
Today was the 4th Sunday of the month, so it is Conference talk Sunday! Amber Mann teaches Relief Society on these Sundays. I love it when she teaches. She gives such good lessons (all the RS teachers are excellent). Today's lesson was "Lift Where You Stand" by President Uchtdorf. What a wonderful talk. He is such a spiritual man. I enjoy his talks so much. So today I am very grateful for General Conference. I am inspired and spiritually fed every April and October. To hear the Prophet and Apostles speak gives me comfort in troubles times. Every talk seems to be what I need to hear and what I need to work on the most. I get guidance and direction, which in turn strengthens my testimony. I wait anxiously for the November issue of the Ensign which is the Conference one. I am able to read, ponder and study each talk in more depth. How thankful I am to have a living Prophet, President Monson on the earth today, to lead us and guide us. I am so thankful for the Twelve and the other general authorities and auxiliary leaders. I am such a better person when I listen and learn from them.

Monday, November 24...
I live in a wonderful time in the history of the world. Like I said before, I have all these modern conveniences to make my life easier. Today I am really thankful we have a car (2 automobiles to be exact). I was thinking about the pioneers trekking across the plains in the blistering heat and the freezing cold. I don't think I could have done it. What sacrifices they made for me!!! (I must say here that I am also thankful for the pioneers) But, all I need to do is go out into my nice, cozy garage and get in my comfortable car, start 'er up and I can be anywhere I need to be in a matter of minutes, not days. I have heat when it is cold and air-conditioning when it is hot. I have music to enjoy on my journey. How thankful I am for modern transportation. Here's a "honk-out" to my cars!!! Thanks!!

Today, Tuesday, November 25th...
I am so thankful today for wonderful neighbors! Last night we had a knock at our door. I opened to find sweet neighbors with a fun goodie for us. How thoughtful was that? Tons!!!!! Thanks Lisa and Max for the goodie and the fun visit. It was wonderful to get to know them better! We have such wonderful people that live around us. I might have said this before, but I am really, really thankful for sweet people like Lisa and Max who take time out of their busy life to think of me and Rudy. What a good example for me to follow. So a big shout-out and thanks goes to dear neighbors.
One funny side-line to go with this post. Max was checking out Leon (our fishy) and he said he could put his nose in the water. I said that he didn't want to do that because he would get "cucka" on ya, meaning fish goobers. He gave me a puzzled look and said, "What is "cuckaonya" (he thought it was all one word). What a crack-up! He is such a cute little guy. So beware of any kind of "cuckaonya"!!!!

1 comments:

lramey said...

we had so much fun visiting you too Carol!!! we'll make it again i promise! how'd your bread turn out???? thanks for entertaining MAx. You are the sweetest!!!