Monday, November 17, 2008

Sixteen going on Seventeen!

Today I am thankful for music. Music can change your attitude. It can set the tone. It evokes so many different emotions. I love music...from church hymns to classical, I love most kinds. Nothing can help you feel the spirit in church better than music. Reading the lyrics and listening to the beauty of the music can be a wonderful way to add to the worship service. There is nothing better to humble you than hearing primary children sing! Rudy and I love to watch the Mo Tab Choir every Sunday morning to set the tone for the day! When you are feeling the blahs, uplifting music can change your mood. Nobody can tell a story like a good ole country tune! There is nothing like a Disney song to make you feel like a child again. Golden oldies can bring back memories of long ago! Listening to love songs is a great way to "Huggle-McSnuggle"! But this time of the year has to be one of my favorite for music. Christmas music!!! It started on the first day of November. I love it!!! And thankfully Rudy does too. There are so many wonderful Christmas songs. There are reverent ones like "Oh Holy Night", "Silent Night", "With Wondering Awe". and "Away in a Manger", to name a few of my favorites. Then you have the fun ones like, "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" (you knew I had to name that one with a Rudy in the house!), "We Need a Little Christmas", "Deck the Halls" and "Silver Bells". Space is to limited to name all of my favorites, but you get the picture! We have even started to go to bed each night, with Christmas tunes taking us off into sleepy land and help us wake-up each morning! So I guess it is time to put on a Christmas CD and be thankful for all the wonderful music there is to enjoy!
p.s. did you get the sixteen going on seventeen clue? Yes, it is from The Sound of Music! Clever huh!!! I love movie songs also...they almost make you feel like a "Star" when you sing them! So "Don't Rain on My Parade", because "People" need people to help them "Climb Every Mountain"! Ok, ok enough already!!!

0 comments: