Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Day After/Pool time with the Palmers

It is the morning after the fun party last night. What a fun time!!! Lots of girlies were there and lots of treats. No old codgers like me though. Wow, did they miss out. We played games and snacked and sang and snacked and snacked. Some of the girls played a video (I guess that is what it is called) that you have guitars and drums. I guess it is really popular and I guess I am really behind the times not knowing what it is called. I played Scatagorries and Tabu. We laughed and had a bunch of fun. There are some real smarties. I was totally impressed. I had a good visit with Jolene Munford and Amy Palmer. I was glad I went, but wished more of the more "mature" sisters would have been there...if ya know what I mean!

Amy Palmer called this morning to see what time we were going to the pool. We decided to meet her and the kiddies at 10:30. I got there just right after 10:30 and was just getting ready to get in and here came Blake, Ali, Tyler and Mom Amy. Ali said, "Hi Grandma Carol". I just love it when she calls me grandma. Sometimes she just calls me Carol and that is so cute too. She says CARO in her little 2 yr. old voice and it melts me. We all got into the pool (except baby Tyler). Blake is so brave, he jumps in and splashes all over. He laughs when he splashes you. Ali was getting use to the water and it took her a little while to feel safe with me holding her. Finally she let me hold her and we played and had so much fun. Rudy showed up after going to the store, and he played with us for about another hour. All in all we swam for about 2 hours. Time just flew by. Amy took lots of pictures and she is going to send them so I will be able to post up-to-date pics! Hooray!!! What a fun way to spend a fun day...playing with the Palmers!!! I love them all so much!

1 comments:

Katie said...

I'm SO bummed I missed the girls night.(I was at a fam reunion in Bear Lake) I actually suggested it to Becky (after one of the sisters in the ward suggested it to me). Hopefully we'll do another one soon.