Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Blog Journey Begins

I just started my journey into the blog world. However, I need help from Rudy to post pictures. So our pics are yet to come. I have enjoyed reading and following friends blogs. I love to see pictures of dear friends and read about their exciting lives. My life perhaps, will not be as exciting as others, but it is my life and I love it.

Right now I am really into politics. I am excited by the new VP pick of Sarah Palin. It has made the election more interesting . I look forward to learning more about her. I must admit John McCain was not my first (or second) choice as nominee, but I am more enthused now with his VP choice. It is finally time to have a woman on the GOP ticket.

Reading is one of my favorite things to do. I have always loved to read, even as a child. I learn so much from reading. I have been very interested in Abraham Lincoln the last year or so. I have read many books about him, his family and his assassination. I have learned so much about him and can see what a great president he was. I recently read "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Abe was brilliant in keeping his "rivals" close to him. So close, many were in his cabinet. The last book I finished was a book about John Wilkes Booth. It chronicled the manhunt to capture him and those men (and 1 woman) in cahoots with him. I also learned so much about that time in our American history. It was a really good book on that subject. I still have at least 2 more books to read on "Honest Abe".
Many of you have heard about the "Twilight" series. I am reading "Breaking Dawn" (the 4th and last, thank heavens). I just do not know what the hype is about this series. It could be that the author...Stephanie Meyer...went to BYU and is LDS. But, it is also popular with others. I am forcing myself to finish this fourth book. I have not liked this one at all. Oh well...there are good books and there are books. I guess you win some and you lose some. I just don't like to waste my prescious reading time. Enough said!!!

2 comments:

Palmers said...

Welcome to the blog world! Thanks for the invite, you've caught me on something.... I love to blog! :) I think it's such a fun way to document and keep up on friends far and near. I'll send you an invite to ours. (cute neices and nephews)

Katie said...

Totally agree with the Twilight stuff. I have decided NOT to finish Eclipse or read Breaking Dawn. It feels like a waste of my time.

Glad to see you in the blogging world! Hooray! I'm sorry to hear about Rudy's loss. I'm glad to hear that he'll still be involved in the community though!