Saturday, September 6, 2008

Friday and Saturday

Last night we went to a really nice party at Joann and Don Able's home. It was a Harvest Dinner. She made the whole dinner...all but the chicken...out of fresh garden goodies. Everything was freshly picked and cooked yesterday. We had corn on the cob, fresh green beans with haselnuts, 2 different kinds of squash she had broiled, marinated chicken breasts (marinated in soy sauce and homemade grape juice from their garden),tomato and cucumber salad, a tomato and basil soup with french bread and for dessert fresh fruit. She had combined watermelon, cantaloupe,rasberries and grapes. It was so refreshing. We had a good visit with good friends (swimming buddies) and great food. Both Rudy and I loved it.

Pemberley had the final outdoor movie last night. We were not planning on going,but we stopped to see what was happening on our way home from the Harvest party. They had not started the movie yet so we decided to run home and grab jackets, chairs and blankets and go back and enjoy the movie. It was the movie "Hoodwinked". We had never seen it before. It was a cute,funny animated movie. I laughed alot. Noah and his mom sat by us, which was fun. All of a sudden, before I knew it there was Phyllis Yalovich. She sat down by us and then here came Helene Davis and she sat with us. We had yummy popcorn and really good Rootbeer. I do not know what kind it was but it was in a bottle and very cold and it hit the spot. The HOA also provided candy bars and other candy beside the drinks and popcorn. It was a great way to end the day. It was a very, very good day!!!

After such a busy day yesterday, we have just kind of hung around all day doing not much of anything. I did finish "Breaking Dawn"!!!!! Finally!!! What a boring, boring and many more borings book! She could have saved an entire forest by writing what she wrote, in 100 pages or less, instead of 754!!!. Talk about going on and on! Yes, I guess I have been going on and on about this dumb book. So it is over and done....enough said!!!

I did go to the pool around 1:30 today. We were there a little over a hour. There were a few people there so it wasn't my own private pool today. I guess you can't have it that way all of the time...only most of the time!

1 comments:

Amy K said...

Sounds like a full and very busy day!

... Funny to hear your thoughts on the Twilight series. So many people rave about it. I liked the first three books, but they weren't my favorite. I haven't had any drive to read the last one, but... maybe if you're up for loaning your book, I may try it. :)