Sunday, September 7, 2008

Religious Holiday

Ok, so me and Rudy had a religious holiday today. We didn't go to church. It was a regional conference. We should have gone, but sometimes....
I did listen to The MoTab Choir...doesn't that count? Also I listened to a "Time Out for Teens" talk on channel 11 this morning.It actually was a very good talk. I know that was not as good as going to Conference. I really needed to take my water pill this morning, so that is my excuse and I am sticking to it.
The rest of the day I have just read and had a nap. I have been very tired and I took advantage of this "day of rest". All good excuses...right...NOT!!!! Oh well, I am not perfect by any means.
I am reading a book about Jackie Kennedy's cousin, Little Edie and Aunt(Big) Edie Bouvier Beale. It is called "Grey Gardens", and it very interesting. There was a Broadway play made about them. Also there was a documentary film made. They are very eccentric and off beat, with all kinds of animals (rats, raccoons,cats and other animals) living in this old broken-down, dirty mansion in the Hamptons. I would love to see the documentary. I hope I can find it somewhere...maybe the library or something. Very, very interesting.
I just found out John McCain's first wife was named Carol. His life story is very interesting. I remember reading the book "Hanoi Hilton". What torture those soldiers went through. His now wife, Cindy is worth about 100 million dollars. Like I said what an interesting story...
Boy all I can say today is interesting...I guess today has just been "interesting"!!

1 comments:

Amy K said...

Don't feel badly, you must do what you must do, right? It was a great meeting though. I was suprised that we had so many leaders (E Christophersen, and Pres Uchdorf) Also, the 2nd counselor of the primary presidency spoke. She was a good story teller and had an interesting look to her. Then Steve leaned over and told me that she was President Monson's only daughter. She was cute and looks just like her Dad!